This post is way past-due.
The back was finished, or mostly finished. I made a mistake in calculating the decreases, but perhaps it was a combination of that and knitting while tired or knitting while distracted. I have long known that a simple two row repeat is my downfall; for a more complex pattern I know I have to pay attention, but for something so simple, I grow overconfident and stop counting.
When I blocked the bar,, and I intentionally blocked ti before starting the front just to make sure my calculations were correct and my gauge was correct, an error was discovered. Actually, I was rather annoyed with myself. I stayed up late knitting, and I commented to myself more than once that this simple corner seemed to be taking longer than I would have thought. Words of warning indeed. Unfortunately I can be awfully dense.
So the corner was unravelled.
And the thread was steamed straight. The corner was reknit. All is good now. But then I got involved in other things and didn't pick up the front until just the past few days.
The front has finally been started. It looks a lot like the back, well except the color blocking is reversed. But this time I have better muscle memory for the feel of knitting the thing, of the increases and the alternating short-row segments with the two yarns. Alas, I am also distracted by some needlepoint which I have finally decided I need to finish right away as well.
The problem with working on two projects simultaneously is that neither one will be completed "right away".