Kingfisher is done!!
It is really a simple sweater, knit side to side with short rows at the bottom to form the godets. The pattern called for the same short-row shaping at the sleeves but I left it out as I have a very annoying habit of dragging sleeves through just about everything. I like these straight sleeves much better.
The little bit of flare and curve at the hip caused by the short rows adds a very feminine bit of flare to the top. Putting it on brought on a definite "I feel pretty" moment and that, combined with the belated appearance of a little sunshine, inspired a little spring dance.
and worked on the last sleeve. I had just started the sleeve when I put it aside; I had knit about 15 rows. I finished the first stripe sequence repeat, now about 35 rows including the cuff, and the sleeve is a little over 1/3 done, the photo is misleading because I really zoomed in to see as much of the yarns as possible.
It really doesn't take a long time to knit as the guage is fairly big, but changing yarns every row slows the process down, not nearly as much in the knitting as it will in the finishing. I hope to get the body on the blocking board today, so I can finish the second sleeve and get the sleeves on the board before I leave for San Francisco on Saturday.
I really don't imagine that I will be wearing this before fall, so there is no real rush to finish other than to get it out of the way. Finishing will take some time as some of the novelty yarns tend to ravel and care will need to be taken with ends and finishing. Luckily there is a lot of wool to help hide the more "high maintenance" yarns.